Fire Damage Restoration in Cleveland, OH
Professional Fire Restoration Services
Although there are steps you can take to minimize your risk of fire, switching to flameless candles and cleaning out the dryer’s lint trap will only do so much. In some cases house fires are entirely unavoidable, which means every homeowner should know what to do when a fire happens, not if. Whether you’re taking active steps to prepare yourself in the event of a house fire or have recently experienced a disaster, this page provides critical information relating to services for smoke damage restoration and fire damage restoration in Cleveland, OH.
What to do After a Fire
The aftermath of a house fire can leave you feeling anxious and confused, but the steps you take immediately after the fire is put out can make all the difference when it comes to getting your life back on track. Here are some important steps to take after a house fire:
Call fire restoration services provider for a house fire clean up.
- Open windows and doors to increase air flow and minimize smoke damage
- Inventory the contents of your home and make a list of all items that need replacing
- Take pictures of the damage for fire investigation authorities and your insurance provider
- Make arrangements for your family to stay with a neighbor, friends, or family to avoid exposure to carcinogenic gases during the fire damage restoration process
Professional Fire Damage Restoration Process
Due to the danger of toxic gases, smoke damage, and smoldering ash, smoke and fire damage restoration in Cleveland should be left to the professionals. Time is also critical when it comes to disaster cleanup, which is why it’s best to leave the restoration to professionals who are trained to clean and restore your home as quickly as possible. The restoration process is as follows:
Assess the damage and create a restoration plan
- Board-up broken doors and windows and tarp the roof (if needed)
- Extract water leftover from firefighting efforts
- Remove smoke and ash from all surfaces
- Deodorize and decontaminate all surface
- Repair and/or rebuild parts of the home damaged in the fire
Fire Insurance Tips
Dealing with your insurance company after a fire may not be a pleasant experience. Fortunately, there are some easy things you can do to make dealing with your insurance company less of a hassle:
- File your claim as quickly as possible and press your insurance company to act ASAP
- Keep all receipts, estimates, and documentation pertaining to fire restoration
- Continue paying your insurance premiums to avoid a discontinuation of coverage
- Hire a public adjuster if you are unable to reach an acceptable settlement with your insurance company
When disaster strikes, Platinum Restoration will be there to put your home back to pre-loss condition. Platinum Restoration is one of the best fire restoration companies in Cleveland, OH and provides 24/7 emergency services for disaster cleanup and fire damage restoration. Call(888) 879-5555 to schedule emergency restoration services.
Meet An Expert
In addition to finding a reputable company, it is important to spend some extra time researching the credentials of the individuals that will be in your home or business. Our highly skilled estimators and technicians have undergone extensive training from the construction and restoration industry's most distinguished trade organizations.
MEET THE TEAM