Frozen Pipes? Here is what you do...
- Look and see if you can locate a break before thawing.
- Increase temperatures in the home to help warm pipes.
- Try to run the water, it may help thaw the pipes.
- If you locate a break, immediately turn off your home’s water main to prevent further damage.
- Never try to thaw a pipe with a torch or open flame, this could cause fire or further damage. A hair dryer or heating pad works well for thawing pipes.
- Move boxes and items off of the floor so they do not get damaged if a pipe bursts.
- If flooding occurs, unplug electric items, which may come in contact with water.
- If necessary, call Platinum Restoration for assistance.
Updated at 4/22/2021 3:18:15 PM