Safeguarding against potential fire hazards will significantly reduce the likelihood of a fire affecting your home and family. Make the following fire safety tips a priority in your home:
- Install a smoke alarm on every level of your home and test it monthly.
- Prevent electrical fires by never overloading circuits or extension cords.
- Use appliances only as directed by the manufacturer. Unplug appliances when not in use.
- Keep portable heaters at least three feet away from anything combustible.
- Keep fire in the fireplace. Use fire screens and have your chimney cleaned annually.
- Install an affordable home fire safety sprinkler system. In addition to keeping you safe, they can increase property value and lower insurance rates.
- Plan your escape. Practice your exit strategy from every room in the house.
- Take the time to educate your children about the dangers of fire.
Visit the U.S. Fire Administration’s website for more detailed information regarding safety planning and fire prevention.
Platinum Restoration provides service in the following areas in Ohio: Huron County, Medina County, Cuyahoga County, Erie County, Lorain County and Summit County.